Baked Sweet Potato Cauliflower Patties are easy to make in the oven or cooked in the air fryer!
Either way you cook these cauliflower patties, they’ll come out perfectly crispy and delicious. No eggs needed. A vegetarian baked appetizer or meal loaded with flavor! Paleo and vegan options included.
- 1 medium to large sweet potato, peeled
- 2 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 green onion, chopped.
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp organic ranch seasoning mix or dairy seasoning mix of choice
- 1 cup packed cilantro (fresh)
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 2 tbsp arrowroot starch or gluten free flour of choice
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds (or pumpkin seeds)
- 1/4 tsp Kosher Salt and pepper (or to taste)
- Dipping sauce of choice
- Pre-heat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet (or oil) and set aside.
- Next cut your peeled sweet potato into smaller pieces. Place in a food processor or blender and pulse until the larger pieces are broken up.
- Add in your cauliflower, onion, and garlic and pulse again.
- Add in you sunflower seeds, flaxseed, arrowroot (or flour), cilantro, and remaining seasonings. Pulse or place on medium until a thick batter is formed. See blog for picture.
- Place batter in larger bowl. Scoop 1/4 cup of the batter out at a time and form into patties about 1.5 inches thick. Place on baking sheet.
- Repeat until you have about 7-10 patties.
- Chill in freeze for 10 minutes so the patties can set.
- Once set, place patties in oven for 20 minutes, flipping halfway. If you made your patties extra thick, they could take closer to 25 minutes.
- See notes for Air fryer cooking option.
For Air Fryer Option- Place cauliflower patties (4 at a time) in air fryer at 360 to 370F for 18 minutes, flipping halfway. If your patties are extra thick, they could take closer to 20 minutes.
- Calories: 85
- Sugar: 1.7g
- Sodium: 200mg
- Fat: 2.9g
- Saturated Fat: 1.3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Protein: 2.7g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: Paleo, Dairy Free, Gluten Free