Delicious Frozen Burrito Air Fryer Recipe
We all know air fryers are amazing. But did you know they can also make air fryer frozen burritos? That's right, frozen burritos can be cooked in an air fryer to create a crispy outside with a soft, warm inside. So good!
Burritos are one of my favorite meals. They're so tasty and filling, and they're perfect for a quick and easy dinner. Plus, there are so many different ways to make them, that you can never get bored, and they are super filling.
This frozen burrito air fryer recipe creates a crispy outside with a soft, warm inside. Plus, it's so easy to make - just throw the frozen burritos in the air fryer, which is perfect for a quick and easy dinner!
People usually like to have burritos with sides like re-fried beans, rice, and pico de gallo. But you can also add things like guacamole, sour cream, and cheese to make them even more delicious.
So if you're looking for a quick and easy dinner idea, give this frozen burrito air fryer recipe a try!
Frozen Burritos Air Fryer Recipe
- Bag of frozen burritos
- Foil or parchment
Instructions on how to make your burritos in the air fryer:
- Place foil onto the air fryer basket.
- Remove your frozen burritos from its packaging and add them to the air fryer basket.
- Make sure the frozen burritos are placed separately from each other in the air fryer. Do not dump them onto the air fryer.
- Pre-heat the air fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Cook burritos in the air fryer for 6 to 12 minutes depending on the size of your frozen burritos.
- Keep an eye on the frozen burritos to make sure you get your preferred crispiness.
3 tips on how to cook frozen burritos in an air fryer
The size of a mini frozen burrito affects how long it cooks in an air fryer.
You can opt to use either foil or parchment in the air fryer.
If you don't have either you can place frozen burritos straight onto the air fryer basket.
5 Sauces that go well with your air fryer frozen burrito
Burritos are a great Mexican food dish that can be made at home with some simple ingredients. But what really makes them special is the sauce.
Sauces add flavor and spice to any dish, and they are no exception when it comes to burritos. In fact, many people say that the sauce is the best part of a burrito.
Here are a few sauce recipes you can try with your frozen burritos air fryer recipe:
1. Salsa Sauce for Burritos
Making salsa is a great way to add flavor and spice to your frozen burritos, Mexican or not. Salsa is made from fresh ingredients, so it’s healthy and delicious. Here’s how to make it:
- 6 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced (optional)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onions and peppers and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Add the tomatoes and salt and cook until the tomatoes are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in cilantro if desired
- Enjoy with your air fryer frozen burritos.
2. Hot sauce - turn frozen burritos into hot burritos
Hot sauce is a popular condiment made from chili peppers and other spices. It can be used to add flavor and heat to any dish, and is especially common in Mexican and Asian cuisine. Making your own hot sauce at home is easy, and allows you to customize the flavor and heat level to suit your taste. If you want to turn your frozen burritos into hot burritos, try this recipe.
- Chili peppers (fresh or dried)
- Garlic (optional)
Start by sterilizing a jar or bottle that you will use to store the sauce. Wash it thoroughly with hot soapy water, then place it in a pot of boiling water for 10 minutes. Remove the jar from the water and let it cool.
Next, chop the chili peppers and add them to the jar. If you are using fresh peppers, you can also add the seeds. For a milder sauce, remove the seeds.
Add vinegar, water, salt, garlic, and onion to the jar and stir well. Seal the jar tightly and store in a cool, dark place for at least 2 weeks before using. The sauce will keep for up to 6 months.
3. Pico de gallo - a great pair with your frozen burrito
Pico de gallo is a delicious and healthy salsa that is perfect for any occasion. It can be hard to make a good pico de gallo, but with this recipe it's easy! Follow these simple steps and you'll have the best pico de gallo for your air fryer frozen burritos!
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced (remove seeds for less heat)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- Pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients and mix well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
4. Sour cream - a burritos classic sauce
Sour cream is a delicious condiment that can really elevate a frozen burrito, but it's not always easy to find in stores. If you're looking for sour cream and can't find it in stores, you could try making your own at home with this simple recipe. It's actually really easy to do!
- heavy cream
- lemon juice
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and stir until the mixture thickens.
- You'll know it's ready when it coats the back of a spoon.
- Voila! Homemade sour cream for your next burrito night.
5. Guacamole - cook frozen burritos with this amazing sauce!
It's hard to make a good guacamole. All too often, guacamole recipes call for ingredients that are hard to find or expensive.
With this easy guacamole recipe, you'll never have to worry about making a sub-par batch of guac again. This recipe only calls for 5 simple ingredients and takes less than 10 minutes to prepare.
Plus, it's perfect for any occasion and goes well with these air fryer frozen burritos.
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1 small jalapeno pepper diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start by prepping your ingredients. Pit and cube the avocados, dice the red onion, and mince the garlic cloves.
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients and mix until combined.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste then give it another stir.
- Serve with tortilla chips or use as a condiment for tacos or frozen burritos.
Side Dish Recipes For Air Fryer Frozen Burritos
Here are a few side dishes that can pair up well with your frozen burrito air fryer recipe. If you have the ingredients in your kitchen, you can try these out. Some of these are easy to make as they are also made in the air fryer.
Air Fryer Frozen Burritos Side Dish Ideas:
- Re-fried Beans
- Spanish Rice
Side dishes made with the air fryer:
Frozen Burritos Air Fryer Recipe - FAQ
Q. What are Frozen Burritos?
A. Frozen burritos are a food item that is made up of a tortilla that is filled with savory filling such as meat, cheese, and vegetables. The burrito is then rolled up and frozen. They can be heated in an air fryer or in the microwave.
Q. What are the benefits of using an air fryer to cook frozen burritos?
A. Some benefits of using an air fryer to cook frozen burritos include:
- The air fryer frozen burritos will be cooked evenly and will not be dry or burnt.
- The air fryer uses less oil than traditional cooking methods, so the air fryer frozen burrito will not be greasy when you air fry vs frying.
- The air fryer is a quick and easy way to cook frozen burritos.
- The air fryer is a healthier way of preparing food.
- The air fryer is easier to clean.
Q. How do you make burritos in an air fryer?
A. Frozen burritos can be made in an air fryer by preheating the air fryer to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Place a single layer of frozen burritos in the air fryer and cook for 10 minutes. Flip the frozen burritos in the air fryer basket over and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes, or until they are evenly browned.
Q. What are the best ingredients for air fryer frozen burritos?
A. Frozen burritos come ready made, and only require than you prepare them. Therefore the air fryer is suitable to make any kind of frozen burrito well.
Q. What is the difference between an air fryer and a regular oven?
A. The main difference between an air fryer and a regular oven is that an air fryer uses hot air to cook food, while a regular oven uses both hot air and convection to cook food.
In addition, an air fryer is smaller in size and typically cooks food more quickly than a regular oven.
Q. How long do you cook burritos in an air fryer?
A. The normal time to cook frozen burritos in an air fryer is about 10 minutes. Frozen burritos can be made in an air fryer by preheating the air fryer to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Place a single layer of frozen burritos in the air fryer and cook for 10 minutes. Flip the frozen burritos over in the air fryer and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes, or until they are evenly browned.
Q. Can you make vegan burritos in an air fryer?
A. Yes, vegan frozen burritos can be made in an air fryer. Simply follow the same instructions as for regular air fryer frozen burritos.
Q. How long do you air fry El Monterey burritos?
A. You should air fry El Monterey for about 14 minutes at 390 degrees. Most air fryer recipes for frozen foods will have you set the temperature between 380 to 390 degree. Just keep in mind that air fryer recipes with lower temperatures often require a few extra minutes for your frozen burritos to cook, than air fryer recipes with higher temperatures.
Q. Can you heat up a frozen burrito in an air fryer?
A. Yes, you can heat up a frozen burrito in an air fryer. Simply follow the cooking instructions for the frozen burrito. If there are no instructions, you can heat up your air fryer to 380 degrees and heat your frozen burrito for 5 minutes or until well done. The air fryer frozen burrito will not be dry or burnt.
Q. Can you air fry a frozen breakfast burrito?
A. Yes, you can air fry a frozen breakfast burrito. Simply follow the heating instructions stated on the frozen breakfast burrito. The air fryer will cook the frozen breakfast burrito evenly.
Thanks for checking out our recipe for air fryer frozen burritos! I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to let me know and I will try my best to reply on time. I would love to hear from you!