Hearty and comforting, this zesty twist on traditional sloppy joes is ready to serve in no time.
- 2 pounds extra lean ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 jalapeno chile peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 (12 ounce) jar Crosse & Blackwell® Seafood Cocktail Sauce
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chipotle seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 whole wheat buns
- Brown meat and onions in large skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until browned. Drain drippings from pan and discard.
- Add garlic, jalapeno peppers and red pepper to beef in pan and cook an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in cocktail sauce, molasses, sugar, seasoning, salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 5 minutes. Serve on buns.