Try this clean eating recipe if you love the bold and zesty flavors of lemon, jalapeno, and garlic with your quinoa.
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup dry quinoa
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ⅓ jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- salt to taste
- 1 pinch ground turmeric (Optional)
- ¼ teaspoon chia seeds, or to taste (Optional)
- Combine quinoa and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, cilantro, garlic, jalapeno, and chia seeds to the quinoa in the saucepan. Add salt and turmeric. Stir evenly and cook over medium heat until excess moisture is absorbed, about 5 minutes. Serve hot or refrigerate for a few hours.