Yellow squash and corn are sauteed with butter and parsley for a colorful, quick, and easy side dish for summer dinners.
- 2 ears corn, husked and cleaned
- 2 medium (blank)s yellow squash, diced
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Place corn into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Drain and cool corn. Cut corn off the cobs.
- Place squash into a skillet and add water. Cook squash over medium heat until tender, 5 to 10 minutes. Drain any excess water from skillet.
- Stir corn, butter, parsley, salt, and pepper into squash; cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 5 minutes.