This cookie dough isn't as dry as other cookie doughs, which makes it spread out more in the oven. Plus, they are just the right chewiness. Mmmmm ...
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a cookie sheet.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, white sugar and brown sugar. Stir in the vanilla and egg. Add flour and baking soda, stir until everything is just combined. Don 't mix too much or the cookies won't be chewy.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheet. Place chocolate chips onto the cookies. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove from cookie sheet to cool on wire racks.