The dressing in this salad is warm and yummy. Vinegar, lemon juice, and a smidgen of sugar are stirred into warm bacon drippings and cooked until hot and ready to pour over chopped lettuce and green onions. Sprinkle with bacon and serve.
- 5 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 head leaf lettuce - rinsed, dried and torn into bite-size pieces
- 6 medium (4-1/8" long)s green onions with tops, thinly sliced
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Remove from skillet, crumble and set aside.
- To the hot bacon drippings, add the vinegar, lemon juice, sugar and pepper. Stir over medium heat until hot.
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuce and green onions. Add the warm dressing and toss to evenly coat. Sprinkle with bacon and serve.