A crunchy, cool, refreshing salad with a hint of lemon that goes great with grilled chicken on warm summer nights!
- 2 cups long grain and wild rice mix, cooked
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ½ cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- Combine cooked rice, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, green onion, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Stir the mayonnaise into the rice mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate until cold, about 1 hour.