This alfredo sauce is a delicious combination of shallots, garlic, white wine and cream blended together in a thick mixture. Serve it over fettucine!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 eaches large shallots, sliced thinly
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 ½ cups white wine, divided
- ground white pepper to taste
- ¾ cup heavy cream at room temperature
- 1 lemon, juiced
- salt to taste
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over low heat. Cook and stir the shallots until they become translucent and tender; stir in garlic and cook until tender and aromatic.
- Stir in 1 cup white wine, increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Once it boils, add the remaining 1/2 cup wine. Boil for 10 minutes then reduce heat to medium-low. Season with white pepper to taste.
- When sauce is no longer boiling, slowly stir in cream, lemon juice and salt. Simmer for 3 to 5 minutes.