A French mousse and British crumble bring creaminess and crunch to this dessert. It's topped with Nutella(R) hazelnut spread for holiday cheer.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped hazelnuts
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon gelatin powder or gelatin leaves
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 3 ounces white chocolate, melted
- 3 egg whites
- ⅔ cup Nutella® hazelnut spread
- Crumble: Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. In large bowl, combine butter with sugar; mix in flour, hazelnuts and salt until the consistency of coarse meal.
- Spread in thin layer on prepared baking sheet; bake for about 20 minutes or until golden. Let cool completely.
- Mousse: Meanwhile, sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup cold water, whisking with a fork. Let stand for about 10 minutes or until softened. Pour cream into saucepan set over medium heat; stir in gelatin mixture until dissolved. Stir in chocolate until combined. Let cool completely.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold gently into chocolate mixture.
- Divide evenly among 8 dessert glasses or small bowls. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until chilled.
- Spoon Nutella® hazelnut spread into piping bag fitted with small, plain tip. Pipe Nutella® hazelnut spread decoratively on top of each serving. Sprinkle evenly with crumble.