Crispy on the top and fluffy in the center, these white chocolate raspberry scones make the perfect breakfast treat!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 6 tablespoons frozen butter
- ¾ cup fresh raspberries
- ⅓ cup white chocolate chips
- ¾ cup plain yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar, or to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda together in a large mixing bowl. Grate in frozen butter and stir well, making sure butter doesn't stick together. Stir in raspberries and white chocolate chips. Mix in yogurt, egg, vanilla extract, and lemon zest until combined, making sure not to overmix dough.
- Place dough on a floured surface. Cut scones out using a large biscuit cutter ad place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden, 18 to 20 minutes. Remove scones from the oven and sprinkle tops with confectioners' sugar.
- Set an oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- Broil scones in the hot oven until sugar melts, about 30 seconds. Remove from the oven and let cool before enjoying.