Toasted coconut and almonds and sweet white chocolate brings layers of flavor to these easy cookies.
- ¼ cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ½ cup white chocolate chips, or to taste
- ¼ cup toasted chopped almonds, or to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Place coconut flakes on 1 baking sheet; leave the second baking sheet for the cookies.
- Bake coconut in the preheated oven until slightly brown, about 6 minutes. Leave the oven on.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl. Cream brown sugar, butter, white sugar, and almond extract together in a separate bowl. Add egg yolk and milk and mix. Pour in flour mixture and combine until almost fully incorporated. Add chocolate, almonds, and toasted coconut; mix well.
- Drop 1 1/2-inch balls of dough on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden on the edges and soft in the centers, 8 to 10 minutes.