Tender white beans and artichoke hearts get a refreshing lift from sweet bell peppers, crisp red onions, olives, parsley, mint and basil. A simple dressing of olive oil and wine vinegar bring the flavors to life.
- 3 cups white beans, drained
- ½ (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- ⅔ cup diced green bell pepper
- ⅓ cup chopped black olives
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ ounce chopped fresh mint leaves
- ¾ teaspoon dried basil
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine beans, artichoke hearts, bell peppers, olives, onion, parsley, mint, and basil.
- In a jar or small bowl, combine oil and vinegar; shake together or mix well. Pour oil and vinegar over the salad, and toss to coat.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator for several hours or overnight, stirring occasionally, to let flavors blend.