Broiled lemons are juiced and blended with whiskey, orange liqueur, and ice in this makeover of the whiskey sidecar perfect for hot nights.
- 1 lemon, halved
- 3 fluid ounces whiskey
- 1 ½ fluid ounces orange liqueur
- ¾ fluid ounce simple syrup
- 2 cups lightly crushed ice
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler. Place lemon halves, cut-side up, on a baking sheet.
- Broil until lemon halves are blackened on the cut side, about 10 minutes. Allow lemons to cool enough to handle. Squeeze juice from the lemons into a measuring cup. Measure out 1 fluid ounce broiled lemon juice, reserving the rest for another use.
- Combine whiskey, orange liqueur, simple syrup, and 1 fluid ounce broiled lemon juice in a blender and add ice; cover and blend until slushy consistency. Pour drinks into glasses.