A very boozy, adult-only watermelon treat to liven up your next BBQ. The watermelon is infused with tequila and orange liqueur for 2 days prior to slicing.
- 1 large seedless watermelon
- 1 (750 milliliter) bottle tequila
- 1 (750 milliliter) bottle orange liqueur
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice, or more to taste
- Wash the outside of your watermelon and place it on a plate so that it doesn't roll - you may need to slice off some of the rind to make a flat spot.
- Trace the lids from the tequila and orange liquor bottles on either side of the melon. Then cut out with a sharp knife. Insert bottles into the watermelon and do not disturb for 48 hours.
- Remove liquor bottles. Cut watermelon into slices and drizzle with lime juice.