Serve this delicious buttery mushroom spread on crackers or with warm bread.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 ½ tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt and pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the mushrooms and onion, and cook until tender. Sprinkle with the flour. Reduce heat to low, and continue cooking 5 minutes. Mix in sour cream and lemon juice, and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a small casserole dish, and top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until bubbly.