Chicken, vegetables, noodles, more vegetables all mixed up with a creamy Cheddar cheese sauce for a down-home dinner.
- 1 ⅔ cups uncooked egg noodles
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced carrots, drained
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 3 cups cooked, cubed chicken or turkey meat
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup dry bread crumbs
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook noodles in boiling water for about 8 minutes, or until done. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat a 9x13 inch pan with cooking spray.
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Cook celery and onion in butter until tender, stirring frequently. Stir in soup, milk, and cheese. Cook, stirring, until cheese melts.
- In a large bowl, mix together the noodles, cheese sauce mixture, carrots, mushrooms, chicken, and salt and pepper. Spread mixture evenly into the prepared baking dish. Top with bread crumbs.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until hot.