Plenty of herbs and fresh garlic boost the bread-crumb base of these meatless stuffed peppers.
- 2 medium (blank)s green bell peppers, halved and seeded
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium tomato - peeled, seeded and chopped
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- ½ cup dried bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 8x11 inch glass baking dish.
- In a pot of boiling water, cook the bell peppers for 4 to 5 minutes; until they begin to soften. Remove them from the boiling water and plunge them into a cold bath. Drain well.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Saute the onion and garlic in the olive oil for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove the pan from heat and mix in the tomato, parsley, bread crumbs, white wine, and black pepper. Fill the peppers with this mixture and place them into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the peppers.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Enjoy!