Try this simple recipe to create fresh and hearty meat-free breakfast tacos using Beyond Beef(R) crumbles.
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 5 ounces plant-based "ground beef" (such as Beyond Meat® Beefy Crumbles)
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper
- ⅓ cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning mix
- ⅓ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ cup grated Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup salsa
- 6 (6 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir "beef" crumbles, green bell pepper, onion, and garlic in the hot skillet until tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Beat eggs, taco seasoning, and cilantro together in a medium bowl.
- Pour eggs into the skillet and scramble until set, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cheese and salsa until cheese has melted and filling is well combined. Serve with warmed flour tortillas.