This vegan main dish casserole--a combination of vegan sausage, zucchini, green beans, cannellini beans, and marinara sauce--starts out on the stovetop and finishes up in the oven.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 pound fresh green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 links vegan sausage, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 (19 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 ounce) jar vegan marinara sauce
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons spicy Dijon mustard (such as French's®)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add zucchini, onion, and bell pepper and saute until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Add green beans, sausage, and garlic and saute for another 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in cannellini beans, marinara sauce, basil, and mustard; bring to a boil. Spoon into a shallow 2-quart baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until vegetables are tender and casserole is heated through, about 20 minutes. Serve warm.