This vegan Mexican casserole is full of beans, chiles, and taco seasoning, fortified with soy chorizo, and covered in vegan Cheddar cheese.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 18 ounces soy chorizo
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced jalapeno peppers
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 package chicken taco seasoning mix
- ½ bunch cilantro
- 4 (8-inch) wheat soft taco shells
- 1 (8 ounce) package vegan Cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine onion and garlic in a skillet over medium-high heat. Saute until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add chorizo, black beans, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, jalapeno peppers, and green chiles. Cook until bubbling, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in taco seasoning and cilantro and remove from heat.
- Spread 1 cup of the chorizo mixture on the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking pan. Add 2 tortillas to cover. Add half the remaining chorizo mixture and top with vegan Cheddar cheese. Add remaining tortilla shells and remaining chorizo mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bubbling hot, about 30 minutes.