This vegan nacho recipe with a homemade cashew "nacho" cheese is loaded with black bean chili, pico de gallo, and a tasty homemade guacamole.
- ½ cup cashews
- aluminum foil
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1 small red bell pepper - cored, seeded, and chopped
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 (13 ounce) package tortilla chips
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can black bean chili (such as Amy's®)
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and cubed
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro, or to taste
- ½ lime, juiced
- 1 pinch salt, or to taste
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, or to taste
- Place cashews in a bowl and cover with cold water. Soak for 4 hours. Drain.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Combine drained cashews, salsa, bell pepper, nutritional yeast, turmeric, and 1 teaspoon salt in a high-speed blender; blend until smooth and slightly warm.
- Spread tortilla chips on the prepared baking sheet. Spoon chili all over chips and spoon cashew "nacho" cheese over chili.
- Bake in the preheated oven until hot, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place avocados, 1/4 cup cilantro, and lime juice in a bowl. Season with salt and mash with a fork until guacamole is mostly smooth but a little chunky.
- Top nachos with guacamole and pico de gallo, and sprinkle with cilantro. Serve hot.