This Instant Pot(R) red lentil soup is bulked up with raw cashews instead of meat, perfect for a quick and easy vegan meal.
- 6 cups water
- 1 medium yellow onion, halved
- 1 large carrot, trimmed and peeled
- ⅓ cup raw cashews
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups red lentils, rinsed and drained
- lemon, juiced
- Combine water, onion, carrot, cashews, garlic, salt, and pepper in a high-speed blender; blend until completely smooth.
- Pour the blended mixture into a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot®). Stir in red lentils. Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 10 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid. Stir in lemon juice.