Thanksgiving guests will savor this vegan hot artichoke-spinach dip made creamy with cashew cream and dairy-free cheese.
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup water, or more as needed
- ¾ cup shredded vegan cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- ½ cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- Soak cashews in water for 1 to 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) once cashews are almost done soaking. Lightly grease a small baking dish.
- Drain cashews. Place in a blender; puree with water until creamy. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons more water if needed.
- Mix the cashew cream with vegan cheese, garlic, basil, garlic salt, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Gently stir in artichoke hearts and spinach. Transfer dip to the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven, stirring once halfway through, until hot, about 25 minutes.