This easy vegan gravy is given tons of flavor thanks to a variety of fresh herbs and tastes great on any vegan protein, main, or side dish.
- 1 ¼ cups water
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh chives
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme, stemmed
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, stemmed
- 8 leaves fresh basil
- 8 fresh parsley leaves
- 4 fresh oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ⅓ tablespoon vegetable base (such as Better than Bouillon®)
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Combine water, olive oil, chives, thyme, rosemary, basil, parsley, oregano, tomato paste, cornstarch, vegetable base, garlic, salt, and pepper in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a saucepan and bring to a rapid boil for 1 minute.