This galaxy frosting is vegan, made with cashews, and uses only natural dye from fruits and plant powders to create the galaxy color effect.
- ½ cup raw cashews
- 1 ½ cups filtered water
- 4 tablespoons agave nectar, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened soymilk or other unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon spirulina powder
- 1 teaspoon beet powder
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Combine cashews and water in a bowl and soak in the refrigerator for 4 to 12 hours. Drain and rinse under running cold water in a sieve.
- Combine cashews, agave nectar, coconut oil, soymilk, vanilla extract, and lemon juice in a blender; blend until smooth.
- Divide cashew mixture among 3 bowls. Add blue spirulina to one, beet powder the the second, and turmeric to the third bowl; stir each bowl to combine until evenly colored.
- When frosting a cake, place the 3 colors next to each other on the surface and blend with a spatula to create a galaxy effect.