Shredded carrots, raisins, and walnuts are simmered in soy milk-based pudding creating a perfect vegan dessert for Easter.
- 1 cup vanilla soy milk (such as Silk®)
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons blackstrap molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup raisins
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- Whisk soy milk, turbinado sugar, molasses, vanilla extract, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, and nutmeg together in a saucepan over medium-low heat until well incorporated, 2 to 3 minutes. Whisk in flour until smooth, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Fold raisins and walnuts into soy milk mixture; add carrots. Cook and stir pudding over low heat, keeping just below a boil, until carrots are softened, 30 minutes.