This is a very easy yet very delicious way to make a vegan butternut curry with few ingredients. Serve over rice, and you have a simple dinner for 2 on a weeknight.
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin, or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander, or more to taste
- 1 pinch ground turmeric
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add butternut squash and cook gently until squash begins to soften, about 20 minutes. Drain off excess oil. Add cumin, coriander, and turmeric and stir to coat thoroughly. Pour in coconut milk and cook until butternut squash is completely soft, but still holding shape, about 10 minutes.