Full of ripe bananas and walnuts, these whole wheat vegan muffins are a barely sweetened option for breakfast on the go.
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- 4 large ripe bananas
- 1 cup turbinado sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line 18 muffin cups with liners.
- Sift flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg together in a large bowl. Stir in walnuts and oats.
- Combine bananas, sugar, almond milk, canola oil, vanilla extract, and vinegar in a separate bowl. Blend together until smooth. Add to the flour mixture. Stir until just combined.
- Drop batter into the muffin cups, filling each completely full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 23 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.