Perfect side dish for your holiday gathering. Just add Smithfield(R) bacon.
- 6 slices Smithfield® Hometown Original Bacon, cooked
- 6 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 6 tablespoons marshmallow creme
- Bake sweet potatoes for 40-50 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Cut off top 1/3 of potato and scoop out flesh, leaving 1/4 inch in shell.
- Mix potato with butter, cream, 2 tbsp brown sugar, nutmeg, salt and pepper and spoon back into reserved potato shells.
- Top each with 1 strip bacon cut into pieces, 1 tablespoon marshmallow creme, and then sprinkle all with remaining brown sugar.
- Broil for 3-5 minutes or until marshmallow creme is toasty brown.
- Serve hot!