Make this crowd-pleasing casserole for breakfast or brunch with buttery sweet potatoes, almond milk, spinach, and grated Parmesan cheese.
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, or to taste
- 1 pound turkey sausage
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 12 egg whites
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ¾ teaspoon dried sage
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups peeled and grated sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat; stir in turkey sausage and spinach. Cook and stir until sausage is browned and spinach is wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Combine egg whites and almond milk in a large bowl; stir well. Add sage, thyme, oregano, red pepper flakes, basil, nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
- Layer grated sweet potatoes evenly on the bottom of the baking dish. Add turkey and spinach on top. Pour egg mixture over casserole. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bubbly and the top is golden brown, about 45 minutes. Cut into 6 pieces.