For the perfect portable meal prep idea, bake a batch of these mini meatloaves packed with flavorful zucchini, turkey, and quinoa covered in a spicy sambal oelek sauce.
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup quinoa, rinsed well
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ¾ cup sambal oelek (Indonesian chile sauce), divided
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 large egg whites
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound ground skinless turkey breast
- 3 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- Bring water and quinoa to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Shred the zucchini using a cheese grater over a lint-free kitchen towel. Wrap the zucchini in the towel and wring out as much water as possible.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and swab with olive oil.
- Place the zucchini in a large bowl. Add 1/4 cup chile sauce, red onion, egg whites, garlic, parsley, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Add quinoa and turkey; mix well to combine. Divide mixture into 6 parts and shape into small loaves. Space them evenly on the baking sheet.
- Combine the remaining 1/2 cup chile sauce with mustard. Spread a heaping spoonful over each loaf.
- Bake in the preheated oven until meatloaves are hot on the inside and sauce has darkened in color, 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest, at least 5 minutes.