This tuna tomato pasta sauce is made with canned tuna and goes well with any type of pasta, though short shapes like penne, fusilli, or macaroni are preferred.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small chile pepper, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 9 ounces drained canned tuna
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (22 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- Heat olive oil in a deep skillet over medium heat and cook chile and garlic until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Add tuna, tomato paste, sugar, salt, and pepper and cook for 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and simmer until flavors are well combined, 5 to 10 minutes.