If you find cucamelons at a farmer's market or have them in your garden, try this tasty salsa with cherry tomatoes,red onion, and lime juice.
- ½ medium red onion, minced
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 ½ cups finely chopped cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup cucamelons, thinly sliced
- 1 green chile pepper, seeded and minced
- ¼ teaspoon chile powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar (Optional)
- Combine onion and lime juice in a bowl and marinate for 15 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, cucamelons, chile pepper, chile powder, and salt to the bowl. Toss. Taste and add sugar. Chill until serving.