If you're craving apple crisp, this single-serving recipe - prepared in the toaster oven - is a tasty solution.
- cooking spray
- 1 medium apple - peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons water, or more as needed
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon caramel ice cream topping
- Preheat the toaster oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) according to manufacturer's instructions. Lightly coat a baking tray with cooking spray.
- Pile apple slices onto the baking tray. Mix flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt together; sprinkle evenly over apples. Drizzle water over the topping. Arrange butter pieces as uniformly as possible over the topping.
- Bake in the preheated toaster oven until apples are tender, about 30 minutes. Drizzle caramel sauce on top and scoop into a bowl.