Cheddar, Havarti, and colby Jack complement figs and shiitake mushrooms in this update on the classic grilled cheese.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup figs
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms
- 4 slices Dietz & Watson Havarti
- 4 slices Dietz & Watson Yellow Cheddar
- 4 slices Dietz & Watson Colby Jack
- 4 slices hearth bread
- Preheat pan to medium-high heat and spread butter evenly across.
- Cut figs and mushrooms into smaller pieces and saute in the pan, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Layer six slices of cheese onto one slice of hearth bread with 1/2 cup figs and 1/2 cup shiitake mushrooms. Layer remaining cheese, figs, and mushrooms onto another slice. Cover each sandwich with remaining bread and toast in the pan, allowing the cheese to melt, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Cut sandwiches in half and serve.