Inspired by the holiday favorite "Christmas with the Kranks," this Caribbean mule cocktail gives a new spin on a classic drink.
- 1 cup chopped fresh cranberries
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- ice as needed
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle ginger beer (such as Fentimans)
- 4 ounces vodka
- 2 slices lime
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 4 fresh cranberries
- Combine chopped cranberries, water, and sugar in a saucepan over very low heat. Cook, stirring frequently, until the cranberries have completely softened, about 15 minutes.
- Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve, gently pressing the pulp to extract their liquid. Let the syrup cool to room temperature, about 20 minutes. Cover and put in the refrigerator before use, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Pour 1 tablespoon cooled cranberry syrup and 1/2 ounce lime juice into two copper mugs or collins glasses. Add ice. Pour in equal amounts of ginger beer and vodka to each. Stir with a cocktail stirrer. Garnish with a lime wheel, rosemary sprig, and cranberries. Serve immediately.