These baked chicken wings are a game day flavor bomb, first marinated in Coke(R), then rubbed with spices and tossed with Buffalo hot sauce.
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can cola soft drink (such as Coke®)
- 1 (1.41 ounce) package sazon seasoning (such as Goya®)
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning (such as Old Bay®)
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon BBQ seasoning (such as McCormick®), or to taste
- 1 cup hot pepper sauce (such as Frank's RedHot®), divided
- cooking spray
- Combine wings and cola in a large bowl. Place in the fridge to marinate for 1 hour.
- Mix sazon seasoning, mustard, cayenne pepper, seafood seasoning, celery salt, brown sugar, and BBQ seasoning together for the rub.
- Drain wings and discard cola. Mix wings thoroughly with 1/2 cup hot sauce, then toss in the rub to coat.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (218 degrees C). Grease a broiler pan with cooking spray.
- Bake wings in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Flip and continue baking until crispy, about 20 minutes more. Toss wings with the remaining hot sauce and return to the oven for 5 more minutes.