This is the best garlic bread I have ever tasted. Adjust the ingredients as necessary until the mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese and garlic powder mixture is a paste-like consistency.
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 (1 pound) loaf Italian bread
- Preheat the broiler.
- In a medium bowl, mix the mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese and garlic powder until thick.
- Slice the Italian bread in half lengthwise and spread each half with mayonnaise mixture. Place halves on a medium baking sheet.
- Broil 2 to 5 minutes, checking frequently, until mixture is bubbling and golden brown.