Sweet sugar snap peas and shrimp are simmered with coconut milk, garlic, and ginger in this Thai-inspired dish with a spark of heat.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 (1 inch) piece ginger, grated
- 1 pound fresh sugar snap peas
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 pound frozen uncooked shrimp
- 1 (15 ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 6 leaves Thai basil, thinly sliced
- Combine vegetable oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, and ginger in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add sugar snap peas; cook until bright green, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir water and cornstarch together in a small bowl until smooth; pour into the skillet. Add shrimp, coconut milk, and tomatoes. Increase heat to medium-high; cook until coconut milk is simmering and shrimp are light pink and firm, about 7 minutes. Sprinkle Thai basil on top.