Lots of garlic, hot chilies, and a whole bunch of basil make this one flavorful dish! If you like Thai food, you'll be happy to know that you can make this simple, satisfying dish in less time that it takes to go for take-out.
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- ¼ cup minced garlic
- 1 pound ground chicken breast
- 12 peppers Thai chiles, sliced into thin rings
- 2 teaspoons black soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- Heat a wok over high heat until smoking. Pour in peanut oil, then immediately add garlic. Stir-fry garlic until it begins to turn golden brown, about 20 seconds. Mix in the ground chicken and continue cooking and stirring until the meat is crumbly and no longer pink, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the sliced chilies, soy sauce, and fish sauce. Cook for about 15 seconds to soften the chilies, then add the basil, and continue cooking until the basil has wilted.