Enjoy a warm and aromatic bowl of chicken meatball soup with rice noodles infused with Thai flavors.
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ½ cup plain panko bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 ½ teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 medium green onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste, or more to taste
- ¾ cup sliced red onion
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 (14 ounce) can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 ½ cups sliced bok choy
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (8 ounce) package dried rice noodles
- 4 wedges fresh lime
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- Combine ground chicken, bread crumbs, egg, soy sauce, ginger root, green onions, garlic, and red pepper flakes in a large bowl. Using a 2-teaspoon cookie scoop, shape the mixture into 1-inch balls and place on the lined baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center, about 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat, and add curry paste. Cook until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Add red onion and cook for 2 minutes. Add chicken stock, coconut milk, bok choy, cilantro, fish sauce, and honey; stir until well combined. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, add meatballs, and simmer until heated through, 6 to 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place rice noodles in a large bowl and cover with hot water. Set aside until noodles are softened, about 15 minutes. Drain well. Divide noodles evenly among bowls, ladling the soup and meatballs on top. Serve with a wedge of fresh lime for a little extra zing.