Layer Havarti cheese and tomato-jalapeno guacamole over fluffy Texas toast bread to make this grilled cheese with Southwestern perfection.
- 2 ripe avocados, halved and pitted
- ½ small onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 Roma tomato, finely chopped
- 4 slices Texas toast
- 4 slices Havarti cheese
- 2 teaspoons butter, or to taste
- Mash avocados in a large bowl. Add onion, lime juice, jalapeno, cilantro, garlic, salt, and pepper. Mix until well combined. Stir tomato into the guacamole.
- Spread desired amount of guacamole over 2 bread slices; top each with 2 slices Havarti cheese. Cover with the remaining 2 slices bread; butter the outsides.
- Heat a skillet to medium-high heat. Cook sandwiches until golden brown on the bottom, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip and cook until other side is browned, 2 to 3 minutes more.