Calm your cravings for Mexican food with Texas-style chalupas: spicy ground beef and beans teamed up with cheese and crispy tostada shells.
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 (12 ounce) package tostada shells
- 1 (1 pound) package Mexican-style shredded four-cheese blend
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Spoon refried beans into a small microwave-safe bowl and stir in 2 tablespoons water. Microwave on high until hot and spreadable, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir ground beef in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, about 5 minutes. Drain and discard grease. Stir salsa into beef and cook until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Spread tostada shells onto a baking sheet. Spoon 2 tablespoons of refried beans onto middle of each tostada and spread outward. Cover with cooked beef mixture and top with shredded cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted, about 7 minutes.