Flank steak is mixed with black beans, tortilla chips, and lettuce and topped with avocado cilantro dressing, creating a flavorful beef bowl.
- Dry Rub:
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Bowl Ingredients:
- 1/2 pound flank steak
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup canned black beans
- 1 jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup crumbled cotija cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Avocado Cilantro Dressing:
- 2 avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat a grill pan or skillet over medium-high heat until just barely smoking.
- Combine garlic powder, chili powder, kosher salt, paprika, and cumin in a bowl; rub over all sides of flank steak.
- Grill flank steak in the preheated grill pan, flipping halfway through, until browned and cooked to desired doneness, about 8 minutes. Let steak rest on a work surface for 10 minutes. Thinly slice steak against the grain.
- Divide rice, tomatoes, romaine lettuce, tortilla chips, black beans, jalapeno peppers, and lime wedges between 2 serving bowls; top with steak, cotija cheese, and 1 tablespoon cilantro.
- Combine avocados, water, 1/2 cup cilantro, sour cream, lime juice, garlic, and salt in a blender; blend until dressing is smooth. Pour dressing over each bowl.