Vegetarians love stuffed peppers and meat-eaters will too with this recipe that includes tempeh, spinach, cannellini beans, and feta cheese.
- 2 red bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ (8 ounce) package tempeh
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup baby spinach
- ¼ cup vegetable broth
- 1 (4 ounce) package crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add red bell pepper halves, cover, and steam until just tender, 2 to 6 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook tempeh and onion until tempeh is crispy, 5 to 10 minutes. Add cannellini beans, spinach, and broth; cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir feta cheese, nutritional yeast, salt, and pepper into stuffing.
- Fill red bell pepper halves with stuffing. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven, uncovered, until tops are browned, about 30 minutes.