Though not a traditional Indian dish, the spices used on these roasted vegetables are full of Indian flavors.
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 3 parsnips, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 medium beets, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste (Optional)
- 1 pinch salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (Optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine red onion, carrots, parsnips, beets, and sweet potato in a large bowl. Toss vegetables with olive oil.
- Combine ginger, coriander, cumin, turmeric, garlic, cayenne, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle spice mix over the vegetables and toss to coat evenly. Spread vegetables out evenly on the prepared baking sheet.
- Roast on the center rack of the preheated oven until beet pieces can easily be pierced with a fork, about 40 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro. Serve warm or at room temperature.