Tacos al pastor don't get any easier than this recipe that slow-cooks pork loin and corn in a flavorful broth of orange juice, pineapple, and chipotle.
- ½ (3 pound) boneless pork loin, or to taste
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple, divided
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 small red onion, quartered
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn
- Season pork loin with salt and pepper and place in a slow cooker.
- Puree 1/2 of the pineapple with chicken broth, orange juice, red onion, vinegar, lime juice, chipotle pepper, 1 teaspoon adobo sauce, garlic, chili powder, salt, cumin, garlic salt, 1 teaspoon black pepper, onion powder, and oregano. Pour over the pork. Add remaining pineapple and frozen corn.
- Cook on Low for 8 hours. Shred pork and warm for an additional hour.