Browned ground beef or turkey is combined with kidney beans, tomatoes, avocado and taco seasoning mix in this soup topped with sour cream and grated cheese. Serve with tortilla chips.
- ½ pound lean ground beef
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 (16 ounce) can chopped stewed tomatoes, with juice
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans with liquid
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 1 avocado - peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) package corn tortilla chips
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook ground beef and onion until meat is evenly brown; drain excess fat. Mix in water, tomatoes, kidney beans, tomato sauce, and taco seasoning mix. Cover, and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in the avocado.
- Ladle hot soup into serving bowls. Pass cheese, tortilla chips, and sour cream to top each serving.