Shake up your baked potato routine with this easy taco meat, cheese, and salsa-topped version you can make in a snap for a weeknight dinner or casual gathering.
- 4 baking potatoes
- 1 pound ground beef
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons butter, or as needed
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup salsa
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Pierce the skin of the potatoes with a fork. Place potatoes on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until soft, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Mix ground beef with onion, garlic, salt, chili powder, cumin, and red pepper flakes. Cook in the hot skillet until beef is browned and crumbled, about 10 minutes. Add water as needed to prevent beef from sticking to skillet. Drain and discard grease.
- Cut baked potatoes open. Spread butter inside and top each with the taco meat mixture, 1/4 cup cheese, 2 tablespoons sour cream, and 2 tablespoons salsa.